We’re trying a new configuration out at meal times. Previously, Bren and I sat opposite each other, and we had both our boys at the head of the table. Will was getting a bit tired of Ben grabbing him, pulling his hair, reaching for his food…you get the picture
So we’re trying Bren’s idea out (his idea is definitely without the clutter though!):
I’m not sure yet.
- It looks a bit strange when we’re not eating with the two different chairs for the boys along the long edge of the table.
- Though Ben is enjoying having the tray off his ikea Antilop. I think he feels closer to us all, and in on the action! – so that’s a plus.
- The clutter/sorting pile was also less obvious when it was at one end and we were eating at the other end! I guess that could be another plus, a little kick to get it all sorted and cleared!
- We could push the table against the wall and have a bit more room in the living/dining/everything area with it like this.
- Bren and Will feel very far away!
How do you sit round your table?
PS Only 3 more sleeps till Sydney for Nuffnang Blogopolis!
PPS Yes, that’s Ben’s dinner spread all over the table!
PPS Yes, I’m setting a bad example, and hopping up in the middle of dinner to take a photo for the blog!